Relevant-field doesn´t work in iOS

Jump to solution
02-04-2016 04:40 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have made a survey in Survey123Connect and it uses relevant fields. It works very good in the simulation in Survey123Connect. I export it to AGOL and when I open it in iOS the fields doesn´t show as expected. I want to se more fields when the requirements are met.

The field looks like: ${Provyta1}=1

Do you have any idea why this happens?

In simulator:

Simulation.jpg
https://cloud.githubusercontent.com/assets/17064926/12814835/5ee65d90-cb42-11e5-8eab-098ac6ddaa0e.jp...

On Iphone:

Iphone.PNG

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

This issue is now resolved in Survey123 version 1.7.

Thanks Sveaskog Förvaltning AB‌ for your patience and helping us validate the fix.

More details here: https://community.esri.com/groups/survey123/blog/2016/09/01/international-day-against-nuclear-tests-... 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I tested on an Android Device and it worked well. So there is a bug in the iOS-app!

0 Kudos
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi, I looked at this today and found a workaround. See the attached XLSFile. I created Groups to consolidate the relevant expressions that were not working. This had a double effect:

1) The relevant expression executed correctly.

2) The Survey loading time was reduced (because fewer expressions needed to be evaluated).

The above may help but still does not explain why this works in Android, Windows, Mac but not in iOS. Typically when I have seen this happening before it was due to case-sensitive issues (iOS is case sensitive for some things that the rest of operating systems are not).  We will need to look into this a bit more closely, but I hope the workaround above works for you.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for your reply,

I succeded to open your form in iOS, and the first fields showed up correctly and faster than previous.

But....When ordered in Groups the functions of the relevant fields doesn´t work. The form show the fields that should be hidden in the groups by the "relevant" field.

So the workaround doesn´t work.

0 Kudos
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

Sveaskog Förvaltning AB​  Hi! We are back looking into your Form. We were able to get it working well on iOS. Before calling this done I would love to have you a look at the fix, which for now is only available in our internal builds. If you would be so kind to put some time into helping validate this fix I would really appreciate it. If you are interested in giving this a go, please respond to this thread and I will share with you a daily build of the software. The intent is to release the fix in September... but want to make sure you are happy with it.

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi! -Nice!

Now I am back from vacation and eager to test your latest build.  Please send it to me!

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Sveaskog,

I'm going to follow up in an e-mail on the testing/validation process.

James

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

It worked! Well done - I am happy.

Johan Ekenstedt / Sveaskog

0 Kudos
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

This issue is now resolved in Survey123 version 1.7.

Thanks Sveaskog Förvaltning AB‌ for your patience and helping us validate the fix.

More details here: https://community.esri.com/groups/survey123/blog/2016/09/01/international-day-against-nuclear-tests-... 

0 Kudos