Select to view content in your preferred language

Reference error in Survey123 connect, and hangs when publishing

a week ago
Rama1356
New Contributor II

Hello, 

I created a survey in connect, and it was working fine until yesterday. Yesterday, I added a simple note field and not only it hangs publishing the update, now I'm getting all kinds of errors even when I delete the field. 

While trying to test it in connect this is the error I get: 

Rama1356_0-1723068949651.png

Also, the published survey fails submissions: 

Rama1356_1-1723069233460.png

What has gone wrong? 

5 Replies
SMH-Rio
Occasional Contributor

I also started receiving this error on a form that has been running for over a month. In my case, the error appeared when editing a record via the Web App.

0 Kudos
Rama1356
New Contributor II

I have created a ticket with ESRI. If I get results, I'll update you here. 

Rama1356
New Contributor II

Hello, 

I did talk to Esri team but prior to that I found a way to resolve the issue. In the XLSForm of Survey Connect, you need to set a proper instance name (setting sheet). I realized it has to be the name of one of your fields. I tried a dozen of other names and didn't work. Once I tried the name of my first field, it worked, and I was able to submit a new survey. I don't quite know what "Instance_name" does, but apparently, it makes a connection to the survey file. 

Here you can see how I did it: 

Survey Sheet: 

Rama1356_0-1723734409887.png

Setting sheet: 

Rama1356_1-1723734462025.png

As for the problem with extended publishing time, they noticed that there is an issue on their side, and they have opened a new case for that. 

Hope it helps. 

0 Kudos
SMH-Rio
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the reply.

The instance_name defines how the record appears in the field app when a record is edited (editing from Drafts, Outbox, Inbox). It accepts HTML formatting, functions, etc. Here is an example:

SMHRio_0-1723735575832.png

I hid personal information from users

As far as I know, the instance_name does not apply to the Web App, because there is no 'record list' for editing (the form opens directly, with all the data). It seems strange that this has a correlation with the problem. In any case, I will do some tests.

Rama1356
New Contributor II

The extended publishing time also happened when I added a new filed but in survey123 Connect. Hopefully they are working on it. 

But if you're not able to submit new surveys now, MAYBE, one way to go is creating another survey exactly like the one you have, then populate the new one with the older data. If the fields of both surveys are exactly the same (except the new field you have added in the new survey), you can use the APPEND tool in GIS Pro to populate the new survey with old data. 

0 Kudos