"Failed to submit" error

673
4
01-14-2021 07:53 AM
JenAmes
New Contributor III

I created a survey using a hosted feature service with a related table. The geopoint question was set to auto-calculate coordinates based on the answer to a previous question using pulldata functions. It also uses external choice list and cascading selects. Once I published it, the geopoint question shows an unspecified error. The coordinates populate properly, and the point is dropped at the right location, but the question lights up in red as an error, and when I try to submit the survey I receive a message saying there's one error, and moves me to the geopoint question. I've tried manually setting the location, searching for an address, and submitting the survey without having any coordinates, and all generate an error.

 

Thinking it was an error with the geopoint question, I re-published the survey without any of the fields that were related to it. I still receive an error, saying just "Failed to submit." No questions are lighting red, no error code, nothing to tell me why it failed. 

 

What is causing the error? How can I fix it? 

Attached is the excel file, and fgd of the data.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
DougBrowning
MVP Notable Contributor

The thing that I see is for the Coordinates field you are creating a string but then trying to bind it to a Double.  That space in there means it must be a string.  There is also then no point in doing the number() thing.  

concat(number(${latitude}), ' ', number(${longitude}))

Try just 

concat(${latitude}, ' ', ${longitude})

Oh wait You are also trying to bind the geopoint field to a String.  That makes no sense, remove that.  Prob it.

Hope that helps

0 Kudos
JenAmes
New Contributor III

Thanks for your help, but unfortunately, I'm still in the same boat. 

I changed the field type for coordinates, and took away the field type for the geopoint. When I took out the number(), I got the "you broke the parser" error message. Using number() in the calculation field is something I've had to do before, so out of habit I just started out with it. Leaving number() in, I'm able to republish with the adjusted field types, but still receive the same error as before.

0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Notable Contributor

Looking again it looks like you have a field named date.  Pretty sure that is a reserved word as I think it got me once - use like FormDate or something.  I do not have 123 in front of me but I think so.  Check the Types tab in Excel for all the reserved words and make sure you are not using them.

Oh I also see you have the field maintenance_req where the list name is the exact same as the field name.  Can't do that.  I always name mine like maintenance_reqList for example.

Maybe someone else knows why number() is needed.  Weird since they are string - may point to another issue.  If they are just used for the pulldata lookup I would not bind them to Double.  Just going to cause issues.  Leave then all as strings.

Hope that helps.

0 Kudos
JenAmes
New Contributor III

Thanks for helping me clean up the survey further, but this didn't solve the issue either. There isn't anything technically incorrect about how the survey is set up, otherwise it wouldn't have published or would've given an error when I opened the survey, but the geopoint just doesn't want to work. I'm wondering if it's a bug.

0 Kudos