Push/Pull Data from Multiple Features

01-04-2019 11:46 AM
AndrewMilanes
Occasional Contributor II

Is it possible to push or pull data from multiple features into Survey123?  My use case would be for performing inspections of multiple features with the same characteristics.  For example, I am performing an inspection on a series of assets.  A group of assets all exhibit the same inspection characteristics so I only want to conduct one survey and include the asset ID of all the assets that this inspection applies to.  I would like the user to be able to visually select all of the features on a web app then initiate a Survey123 inspection that would pass all of the asset IDs from the selected features into a field in Survey 123.

Does anyone have any thoughts or suggestions on how this can be accomplished without custom app development?

6 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Andrew,

Are you using Collector to select all the features on the map? If so, it is not currently possible to select multiple features and pass the values from several different features into one survey. This is due to how the url is constrcuted when passing parameters between Collector and Survey123 and it is constructed and executed from the pop-up that is on a per feature basis.

Regards,

Phil.

0 Kudos
AndrewMilanes

What if I use a Web App on a mobile device?  Are there any options you can think of, short of a custom app, than can accomplish this task?

Thanks

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Andrew,

What you are describing relates to how the app sending the information to Survey123 can include data from multiple features.  With web map based web applications, this may be somewhat doable as Arcade has improved calculations across multiple fields, but there would need to be some experimentation to see if that would work in your specific case.

0 Kudos
AndrewMilanes

Thanks for the reply James.  Do you have any more documentation on what you are thinking?

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Andrew,

General Arcade documentation is at Getting Started | ArcGIS for Developers .  One particular feature is support for calculations across feature sets; a blog introducing this can be found at What’s new with Arcade: Taking a stroll through FeatureSets (Part 1)  

0 Kudos
KellyArmstrong

Same issue here.  I want to select all the hydrants that were flushed today and batch push the form to all the features I selected.  NOT POSSIBLE and very frustrating.

0 Kudos