pulling data from a bar code

10-07-2019 01:19 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, I want to use a QR code or bar code to identify hand pumps in Ghana.  How does one get the bar codes and how do you set it up with survey123?  I see that you can purchase them and there is an annual fee to manage them.  Is there a way where I can just pay to download unique bar codes and managed them on my own?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
GaryBowles1
Occasional Contributor III

Matthew,

We use Barcode LabelMaker Enterprise software from Aulux to create QR codes that we use with Survey123 for well inspections. Avery WeatherProof shipping labels have stood up for 3 years running now in North/Central PA weather. The barcode software allow you to import a data table and assign values to different label components. 

--gary

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

With the Aulux software, is there a limit on the number of unique barcodes you can create?

Thanks,

Matt

0 Kudos
GaryBowles1
Occasional Contributor III

Not that we have run into. Our largest data set using the barcodes is our wells with approximately 400 (not a huge number). 

--gary

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you, Gary. This was extremely helpful.

0 Kudos
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi, in terms of setting up barcode questions in Survey123, have a look at: https://community.esri.com/groups/survey123/blog/2016/05/17/understanding-barcode-questions-in-surve... 

0 Kudos