Pulldata function in Survey123 does not work on iPad?

576
5
01-29-2020 02:06 PM
AlinaT
by
New Contributor III

I have a Survey123 that uses the pulldata function to get some data from several .csvs including some lat and long values to display a pin at a certain location. When I preview the survey in Survey123 Connect I can see that the values are being pulled from the csv the way they should be, however, when I try to collect a survey on my iPad none of the values show up. I tried the Survey on an Android phone and that worked ok. Is anybody else experiencing this? Am I missing a setting somewhere?   I am using Survey Connect v3.7.62, and iPad is running OS 12.4

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Jing_Sun
Esri Contributor

Hello,

I think I read it somewhere that iOS is less tolerant to the letter case, meaning a file 'Example.csv' must be referenced as 'Example.csv' in the survey form instead of 'example.csv'.

My recommendation is to check the file name as well as the column names in the csv file. I personally used all lowercase in both .csv file and survey form to avoid confusion. 

0 Kudos
AlinaT
by
New Contributor III

Thank you, I went through and made sure all the .csv files were using lowercase, still no luck. So this morning I checked some of my older surveys, found one that had the pulldata function, tested it on iOS and since it was still working, I decided to use that as a template for a new survey.  It might have been something with my original XLSForm, I still don't understand why it was only acting up on iOS, but I am glad I have a working survey now! 

JasonRoss1
New Contributor

I am not sure if this is still helpful, but I recently had the same issue.  I had to copy and paste the content from the .csv into a new XLSX form and resave it as a new .csv.  Everything has worked fine since.  Something about the old .csv was not allowing the pulldata function to work on the IOS app, but was working fine in collector and the desktop app.

Taku_RiverTlingit
New Contributor III

That's exactly what helped solve my case... It was really odd. My survey worked both on Survey123Connect and my Android no problem, but then a year later the pulldata function wouldn't work properly on my device anymore. So I also just put the CSV info in a new Excel form and re-saved it a CSV and put that in the media folder, re-published the survey etc. Now it works fine again.

JamieLambert
Occasional Contributor III

I did this also though I found I also had to rename the CSV file (and update the pulldata calculations) for it to work. Creating a new file and reusing the same filename was not enough.

Jamie.

0 Kudos