Printing

08-25-2015 02:28 PM
RonKnepper
Occasional Contributor II

Ok so one feature that might be nice is the ability to print.  Is there any talk of adding this?  I know the idea is to collect surveys and store them online but you could add additional potential uses with this ability.  Instead of a survey, this could be used to take an order of some kind, like a work order request form.  Once you collect the info you could then print out a copy of the data and give it to the requestor.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
RonKnepper
Occasional Contributor II

Any thoughts of this or is it something being looked into for future deployments?  I have some project ideas that this would fit perfectly for but only if you could then print a copy once completed.

0 Kudos
SergioDomenech_Zueco
New Contributor III

I have the same issue: I would like to print the results of the survey because a printed copy is needed for the customer who was interviewed.

0 Kudos
zkovacs
Occasional Contributor III

It's still early days for Survey123, so there may be a print functionality in the Survey123 site at some point. In the meantime you need to use the same approach as for Collector: download the collected data as a FGDB and feed it into a data driven page document in ArcMap.

I hope this helps.

zkovacs
Occasional Contributor III

Printing is in the way according to Ismael in his reply.

DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I created a way.  Look at this post for full code.  I do use data drive pages but connect them directly - no need to download the data.  I have a Esri guy working on the login problem now.

Triggers in Collector/ArcGIS Online?

ZhifangWang
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Ron Knepper​, thanks a lot for the suggestion of this feature. The good news is we're implementing a initial version of the "Printing" feature in Data page, please stay tuned with our Twitter and Blog, this is expected to release in mid-September.

0 Kudos