Select to view content in your preferred language

Previously entered information not visible when survey reopened from inbox

12-02-2017 12:22 PM
IanBarwell
Emerging Contributor

I have a survey that must be completed by three different people in on three different devices.  When (step 1) my dispatcher submits the basic information, the next worker (step 2) opens the survey from Inbox, then submits, then (step 3) our clinic staff opens the survey again from Inbox to complete the form.  Each time the survey is opened from Inbox,  almost all previous information collected is not visible, and thus, not visible for the second and third workers.  It is important these fields are visible to each step due to a series of calculations that pre-populate fields further down in the survey.  Is there a trick to making these fields 100% visible each time the survey is opened from Inbox?

I have attached the excel file.  thanks!

6 Replies
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Eric

I tried to publish your survey, but was unable to due to you having duplicate field names in the form. Could provide the form that you used to create the survey - as you should not have been able to publish this one.

Thanks

John

0 Kudos
IanBarwell
Emerging Contributor

here is the excel form from the original survey.  This survey is currently in use.

thanks for your help

0 Kudos
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Eric - there was a column miss-spelling and this caused no related records to be downloaded to the inbox. The correct spelling for the parameters column is bind::esri:parameters (your double colon was in the wrong place) - all you need to do is make the change to the from and republish. This will not result in the loss of any existing data. 

Cheers

John

IanBarwell
Emerging Contributor

John,

I have made the changes and created an identical survey to publish and test.  I am now getting another "error 400" publishing problem say it is unable to create a folder.  I feel like I have had this problem quite often when developing surveys with similar forms/tables.  Is there a record of attempted publishing that would prevent me from making small adjustments?  The original error gives me some information about the problem within the form, but when I make the change and attempt to publish, I get another error with no information.  Typically, Survey123 Connect identifies these things, but it is converting and loading with no mention of the publishing problems.  I appreciate your help.first publishing attemptsecond publishing attempt - same survey

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Eric, 

The formatting of the error message in the first image is indeed a bit weird.  That being said, I can just make out the error - It's saying that Survey123 is attempting to add a column with a name that duplicates an existing column (Temperature).

The second error is the result of the first publishing attempt partially succeeding.  The "Unable to create folder" message refers to the folder that was created for the survey in your "My Content" in your ArcGIS account (entitled "Survey-<Name of Form>").  It was created on the first publishing attempt; Survey123, to ensure that it does not overwrite data, will fail if the folder already exists.  You will need to log into your ArcGIS account and delete the folder to continue.

JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Eric - this is the survey that I published FYI