OpenGL issues when launching Survey123 connect

10-02-2018 03:59 AM
AshleyRobson
New Contributor

Hi. 

I have been using Survey123 connect for a couple of months now without any problems. A few days ago, I updated my graphics driver, and now every time I try to launch Survey123 connect I am shown the error "Failed to create OpenGL context for format QSurfaceFormat...". The error suggests that I may not have the necessary graphics drivers installed, but I definitely have the most up-to-date drivers on my machine. 

I would greatly appreciate any assistance with this problem.

Thanks,

Ashley

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
BrandonArmstrong
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Ashley,

Please try to completely uninstall and reinstall Survey123, as this worked for another Survey123 user here.

If this does not work, please provide more information related to the graphics driver you are using.

Best,

Brandon

0 Kudos
MELteam
New Contributor II

I have the same issue as Ashley. I've tried reinstalling the latest version, i've tried installing the classic version, and i've updated my graphics card - all without any success.

My graphics card is: Intel (R) HD Graphics 515

Driver version: 23.20.16.5018

Do you have any other suggestions?

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Ashley,

Can you please try and re-install your graphics driver, do a uninstall of current drivers first, then install the latest drivers again. See this link for more informaiton: [FIXED] Failed to create OpenGL context for format QSurFaceFormat - Driver Easy 

There is no change in the app in recent versions in regards to OpenGL therefore the issue is likely with the updated drivers you installed and a reinstall may resolve this.

Phil.

0 Kudos
JaredDoke1
New Contributor II

Hey Philip,

I am having the same issue that Ashley has. I tried uninstalling my graphics driver and reinstalling with the latest driver (as you suggested), updating drivers, updating Windows, and I have also uninstalled Survey123 Connect and tried reinstalling that. I should note that I get the same error message when I try to open Survey123 for ArcGIS. Any other suggestings? 

I am running Windows 10 with Intel(R) HD Graphics 620 Driver version 24.20.100.6136. I have also tried driver version 25.20.100.6326 from the Intel website but when I click "Update Driver" from the Device Manager, it installs the former version.

Thank you for your time.

-Jared Doke

0 Kudos
MELteam
New Contributor II

For anyone experiencing this issue. I was able to find a temporary fix by disabling my graphics card entirely (using the backup from the motherboard). I was finally able to get some work done on Survey123 connect (although it was sluggish without a normal GPU). I eventually borrowed someone else's laptop to finish my work.

Not a fix, but it was a work around.

JaredDoke1
New Contributor II

I worked with Esri support on this issue and they discovered that Duet (a program that allows you to turn your ipad into an external monitor) was causing the issue. I uninstalled Duet and after a restart, both Survey123 Connect and Survey123 for ArcGIS started working with no other apparent issues. Thanks to Zach at Esri Support Services for the assistance. #survey123connect