offline map layer in Survey123 for ArcGIS does not appear

Jump to solution
07-05-2019 01:17 AM
Tatag_BagusNarendra
New Contributor II

Hello All. I use survey123 for arcgis version3.5.164. I cant get offline map/image/basemap using tpk file appear in the map types in this version when I go offline using survey123 which is possible in the previous version. Is there any limitation for the latest update?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @DiegoLlamas,

Just wanted to let you know with the upcoming 3.16 October Release of Survey123 we will support .tpkx file formats for map packages. You can test out the latest 3.16 beta builds via the Early Adopter Community to get early access to these builds.

Regards,

Phil.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
41 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Tatag,

There shouldn't be a change in behavior with offline maps, and I am seeing the expected behavior with a sample TPK.  Are you able to share the TPK file?

0 Kudos
Tatag_BagusNarendra
New Contributor II

Thank you for the response. I used tpk with this link TPK - Google Drive 

In the previous version, tpk created using Arcgis 6.0 can be shown with offline mobile data

maptypes in previous version location and map

in the new version (3.5.164) the map does not appear (only coordinates of the location)

location in the new version

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Tatag,

If you do not see the map it would indicate the format of the tpk or the coordinate system is not supported. However if it was working previously I would be interested to know why it does not now.

Would you be able to share the tpk file, and your xlsx file, so we can take a closer look?

Regards,

Phil.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Tatag,

I tested the 3.3 version, 3.5 version and new 3.6 beta version with your tpk file you provided and I am able to view in the geopoint map widget. I manually loaded via folder on the device, as well as using new linked content in 3.6 beta, and I can see this tpk in the map viewer. There is no different between 3.3 and 3.5 release from this respect, and it is improved in 3.6 with new handling of enhanced map types.

The first screenshot below is 3.5 release, the second is 3.6 beta:

Regards,

Phil.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Tatag,

If the tpk is still not working for you with 3.5, can you test 3.6 beta from EAC? 

Can you also let me know what make/model and OS version you are having issues on? Is it all devices and OS versions, or just some?

Phil.

0 Kudos
Tatag_BagusNarendra
New Contributor II

Hi Phil,

I have tested Survey123 ver 3.6.69 beta for android using samsung galaxy j7+. It has resolved the issue.

Thank you

Tatag

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm also experiencing similar behavior since the new update but seems confined to a certain device (Samsung J3 running Android 8.0 as an example). Survey123 just doesn't seem to be picking up on the basemap for some reason whether in a private folder or the library. The exact same basemap works fine on Collector on the same phone and works fine on other devices (Samsung S9, IPad, Windows) in Survey123 so I know its not the basemap itself and everything was working fine prior. 

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Luke,

Can you share a copy of the offline basemap you are using? Is it s tpk file?

Phil.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Phil,

They are all .tpk . This occurs with any custom tile package I use. I even downloaded an ESRI basemap (Topography) with collector and brought it over to the Survey123 app and they all show up in the map library in the storage settings but none are available in the Survey's themselves. They all work on other devices though using the same version of the app. I installed the Classic version on the offending device and everything works as expected. I'm unable to share tile packages due to restrictions.

0 Kudos