ODK Validate Errors

01-03-2018 09:15 AM
KaraHarmet2
New Contributor III

Hello,

I am having issues republishing my survey. I have tried deleting/changing the field type and length with no success. This is the error message I get, and it goes on. One person was able to get a submission through, the last error message is what another person received when they attempted to send their submission. If anyone has any indication what this error message means I would appreciate your input. Thank you so much.

Sincerely,

Kara

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
8 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

You might have better luck moving this or sharing to https://community.esri.com/groups/survey123?sr=search&searchId=0fccd712-f818-4b4b-9059-ec19fa0806b1&...‌ if this is indeed the software you are using.  This space is a tad slow

KaraHarmet2
New Contributor III

Noted, I moved it over. Thanks!

0 Kudos
BrandonArmstrong
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Kara,

Can you please let us know which version of Survey123 Connect you are using?  When you mentioned that you attempted to change the field type and field length, were you increasing the field length to a value that was greater than the value initially set when publishing?

KaraHarmet2
New Contributor III

I'm using version 2.4.60, I deleted the field length entries for some of them, but that is not sustainable as I need to keep those defined.

0 Kudos
BrandonArmstrong
Esri Regular Contributor

My first recommendation would be to upgrade to the latest released version of Survey123 Connect, which is 2.5.44.

In the case where the person attempting to submit the survey encountered the error, provided in the attached screenshot above, was it resolved after modifying the field lengths within the XLSForm and republishing?  

In order to further troubleshoot both errors, it would be helpful if you could collect a log and provide it by uploading to this thread.

Survey123 field app log

Survey123 Connect log

0 Kudos
KaraHarmet2
New Contributor III

I have updated Survey123 Connect with no change. I will attach the diagnostics for it. Still figuring out the diagnostics on the iPad. Thank you for your continued guidance on this issue.

0 Kudos
KaraHarmet2
New Contributor III

Hi Brandon,

I am having trouble with the diagnostics on the iPad but I have attached the diagnostics for Survey123 connect. Please let me know if you have any questions/comments. Also if you have any tips for getting the iPad diagnostics in an output format, that would be awesome.

Thanks,

Kara

0 Kudos
KaraHarmet2
New Contributor III

I have attached the log file for the iPad!

0 Kudos