Media folder is missing from survey files

Jump to solution
09-14-2021 10:53 AM
3CDCOrganizationalAccount
New Contributor III

I am trying to connect a csv file to a survey, but when I open the files the media folder is missing. Any idea how to locate it or reconnect to a new one?

Administration of this survey was transferred to me in case that is relevant.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @3CDCOrganizationalAccount,

Do you have copy of the CSV files? If so you can simply created the media folder (lowercase) in the survey folder in Windows Explorer, and put the CSV files in that folder and update the survey to reference them.

If you do not have the CSV files handy but they are in a working copy of the survey which was previously published by another user/owner to AGO/Enterprise, you can download the survey in the field app (make sure it is shared with you first or at least shared to org) and then go to the survey folder in following location:

C:\Users\{username}\ArcGIS\My Surveys\{surveyname or itemID}\

You will be able to find the media folder and the asscoaited files in this folder for this survey. You can then copy them into the design folder for the new survey you have put together or are planning to publish again:

C:\Users\{username}\ArcGIS\My Survey Designs\{surveyname or itemID}\

Regards,

Phil.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @3CDCOrganizationalAccount,

Do you have copy of the CSV files? If so you can simply created the media folder (lowercase) in the survey folder in Windows Explorer, and put the CSV files in that folder and update the survey to reference them.

If you do not have the CSV files handy but they are in a working copy of the survey which was previously published by another user/owner to AGO/Enterprise, you can download the survey in the field app (make sure it is shared with you first or at least shared to org) and then go to the survey folder in following location:

C:\Users\{username}\ArcGIS\My Surveys\{surveyname or itemID}\

You will be able to find the media folder and the asscoaited files in this folder for this survey. You can then copy them into the design folder for the new survey you have put together or are planning to publish again:

C:\Users\{username}\ArcGIS\My Survey Designs\{surveyname or itemID}\

Regards,

Phil.

3CDCOrganizationalAccount
New Contributor III

I tried adding a folder called 'media' and it worked! Thank you for your help