Map not functioning on webform

07-23-2017 09:36 AM
ICFAdmin
New Contributor II

I've created a reporting form to use on a website and it seems to work pretty well. Except, I cannot get the geopoint to collect data. When I try it on my phone using the app it works fine. I can move the location of the map after it automatically finds my current location so I can put it on the location I want to record. However, on the webform, the map does not seem to record the new location.

For example, when I move the map to a new location, I see no corresponding change in the latitude or longitude. Also, if I use the search box to "jump to" a location, the map does not update. 

I tried just moving the map to a location and hoped it was recording the location even though it was not showing it. In the end, the map put the point in my default location and not the location I choose with the map. 

Here is a link to the form:

https://survey123.arcgis.com/share/86cfaa95ffe74bc4925f537a2364ca1f 

I've tried in Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, and IE and have the same results in all.

I don't think there is much I can do from my end - it appears to be a programming issue. I would be happy to rebuild the form if that will help.

0 Kudos
29 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

If the survey was created initially before 2.3, then it is using an earlier version of the template.  For example, older surveys will have less of the configuration options available since they were not present when created; they can be easily added into the spreadsheet as described above.

0 Kudos
ScottKiley
Occasional Contributor II

We rebuilt the survey using the current configurations, but maybe we did something wrong. Is there a way to tell which version a form was built with? I've confirmed that hide-input is available in appearances type when creating a new form, so that's good.

0 Kudos
ScottKiley

Now the web-client is showing greyed out text entry controls underneath all our note types.

https://survey123.arcgis.com/webclient/8e2ee100f108432ebd569adb402e3f82

And we get an error when submitting the form:

Cannot read property 'length' of undefined

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

The grey boxes are an issue that we're working on a fix for.  I am seeing the other error with your form and will log an issue to get it resolved.

0 Kudos
ScottKiley

Thanks James. Also, do we have any control over the submitting survey page? Can we bypass it and go directly to a predefined page? Or at least go immediately back to a new survey.

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Hi Scott,

Right now, we don't have additional capabilities in terms of after form submittal actions.  We plan to expand this in the future - aside from a new survey, what are the other actions you are considering?

0 Kudos
ScottKiley

Basically, I want more control over what the users sees at that page. A bigger level html editor would be nice.

Scott Kiley, GISP

MSA Professional Services

0 Kudos
JeffPowell1
New Contributor II

Hello James, I am a colleague of Scott Kiley. Thank you so much for all these helpful workarounds, we are up and running with all of our desired changes. The final item needed before our deliverable is the issue of the grey boxes beneath all note fields described above. Any new update on this issue?

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

We have a fix going through testing currently and hope to implement it soon.

0 Kudos
JeffPowell1
New Contributor II

Hi James - just another quick follow up on the grey boxes issue. We have also experience a resurgence of the "unable to get property 'length'" issue described above although we haven't republished or altered the survey. Any updates? Also, will we need to perform any operation besides republishing the survey to take advantage of any ESRI solutions?

Thanks much!

0 Kudos