<b> Use the Same Database with Form Created with Connect and Web Designer </b>

04-07-2021 04:22 PM
Billy
by
Occasional Contributor II

Hi,

I have a survey created with Connect that the users complete with their mobile device when they are in the field, but we want to be able to complete the same survey in the office using Survey123 in a web browser. I know that Web Designer is the application that I need to use to create a survey that works on a web browser, but I don't know if I can use the same feature layer of the original survey created by Connect. 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
ManishPatel
Esri Contributor

Hi @Billy ,

Ideally, what you want to do can be achieved the other way where you first create the survey using Web Designer and then use the same feature service that it creates in the Survey123 Connect desktop application. This way it will ideally be able to make use of the same feature service and the web designed survey will provide the web access to the survey. However, there are limitations on what can be done using Web Designer compared to desktop application. 

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Manish
0 Kudos
Billy
by

Hi Manish,

Thank for your reply. Since Web Designer it's not on par with Connector, do you know if this workflow will work without breaking the Web Designer form or losing data?

1- Create the survey using Web Designer,

2- Use the feature service created in (1) to create another survey with Connector,

3- Add new fields and the functionally in Connector that Web Designer lacks.

0 Kudos
GaryBowles1
Occasional Contributor III

Billy,

Your users in the office could also use the desktop version of Survey123. That eliminates the need to use Connect and Web Designer.

Regards,

--gary

Billy
by

That's a good point. Thanks for bringing it up.

0 Kudos