Lines and Polygons

04-04-2017 12:01 PM
JimmieAustin
New Contributor II

Does survey123 have the capabilities to capture lines and polygons? Instead of just point features associated with the survey. 

Tags (2)
20 Replies
JimmieAustin
New Contributor II

We also have R1 units that can be synced with a mobile device that allows for sub meter accuracy. 

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sure, Collector has the High Accuracy GPS metadata capture, but so does Survey123, but the data entry is cumbersome at times and I like to have my data per-processed before I take a look at it within the GIS.

However, if you apply this read and if you set up your data schema the correct way while building a few tools, then you can have all of the lines and polygon data gathering Survey123 forms you want.... https://community.esri.com/groups/survey123/blog/2017/05/31/blog-high-accuracy-gps-data-collection-o...

We use an external GPS unit; non-Trimble, that allows us to grab data down to 6 inches and then we also have RTK capabilities if needed all within Survey123.

Don't get me wrong, Collector has a place for us in our lineup of tools that we utilize, but sometimes; well most of the time, it pays to think outside of the box!

Cheers!

JoshJones9
New Contributor II

Were polygons and lines ever supported? I do not currently have access to my iPad and I need to figure out if Survey123 will work for our field staff.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
BrandonArmstrong
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Josh,

Polygons and lines are not currently supported with Survey123, however, they will be supported in the future.

smukahhal
New Contributor II

Do you have a estimated date of when that will happen ? 

0 Kudos
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Polyline and polygon support is now available in beta. Please go to the EAC site to start testing!: Welcome to our Feedback Community

Joseph_Kinyon
Occasional Contributor II

I saw that in my email first thing this morning, so excited to test!
Thanks Survey123 team, another major milestone is about to be reached.

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you very much for the work, I look so much forward to test it.

NathanDulfon
New Contributor III

I have tested the Beta version.... It is great...

Is there the option within the polygon function to add just a point?

when is the polygon function going to be available in the regular S123 version....???

I would love to use this next field season....

Nice work ESRI folks!!

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Nathan,

Hopefully my answer on this post answers your question here: https://community.esri.com/message/837522-re-when-will-survey123-support-polylines-and-polygons?comm... 

Phil.

0 Kudos