Issues with photos

02-22-2019 11:19 AM
KerrHewin
New Contributor II

Hello,

I have started to notice that when I open surveys in my inbox the photos that were taken originally have started to disappear and since for me this is a required field I then cannot make changes to the survey as it cannot be resubmitted. This is only reflected in the Survey123 App, on my ArcGIS Online WebMap the pictures are there and can be opened. Is this a glitch with a recent update or has there been a change as to how the photos should be taken?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Kerr,

Editing of attachments (photos) are not supported via the Inbox. This means if you open an existing survey via the Inbox, and have an image question in the parent layer, you will not be able to add a new photo. You can however put your image questions inside a repeat, and via that method you can add new photos to an existing parent record, by adding new repeat records with attachments. 

We have an open enhancement request to support editing attachments via the Inbox, currently in backlog, I have updated your request for this feature in the issue.

Phil.

0 Kudos
KerrHewin
New Contributor II

Hi Phillip,

I wasn't clear enough, I am not trying to edit the attachment. I am trying to edit other fields such as a multiselect and then resubmit. The issue appears to be that since my photo is a required field and it seems to disappear when I open a survey through the inbox i am not able do said resubmission. Is it that photos cannot be a required field or is there a work around for this?

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Kerr,

Because the editing of attachments is not supported, the photo does not even get downloaded into the Inbox, so the survey thinks a photo does not exist. In this case if you make the question required it will cause an issue when trying to submit. To workaround this you need to make the photo required not required.

You could also think of setting up a second survey, that points to the same feature service, that you use for editing and Inbox use only, in that second survey remove the photo question altogether, that way it will not cause an issue trying to submit. Just means you have to manage 2 forms instead of one, but works around your problem.

Phil.

0 Kudos