Issue with survey response location which defaults to 0,0 not correct location

03-16-2022 09:43 PM
anne_esri
New Contributor II

Hi,

I have a survey to inspect assets and I do not have a geopoint question. After submitting my survey, the response points to 0,0 which is not relevant to the inspection point. I use the configure pop-ups to link the survey from my asset feature layer and pass the asset id etc. from AGOL to Survey123 form.

I read several posts on passing the coordinates of the asset, using the center parameter. I also read the solution by @IsmaelChivite on Survey123 points at 0,0 question. But I’m a bit lost and need more help (step-by-step details) as I’m not familiar with using expressions.

Could someone please let me know how this can be achieved? Should I pass the Global ID via my URL, which I’m not very clear on what it does or passing the center location will point the survey response to the correct location?

Any help on this would be great.

Thanks

0 Kudos
2 Replies
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

We always add a geopoint to any inspection.  It tells us where the tech actually was.  We have cases where they went to the wrong location or used the wrong asset code.  The geopoint makes it so easy to figure this all out.  0,0 tells you nothing so why not.  I pushed for it and it has been a huge win, helps us out all the time.  Also proof for compliance purposes.

0 Kudos
anne_esri
New Contributor II

Thanks @DougBrowning We did not want to use a geopoint question in the survey. However, the survey needs to be submitted using the App now instead of using the web browser which records the correct location (it uses the device location). 

0 Kudos