Is there a way to switch between open forms?

Jump to solution
09-01-2020 10:34 AM
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

If you open a form via a Collector link, then leave it open (no save as draft or anything), then launch a second form it will keep the first open in the background.  Once I close form 2 then I can see form 1 again.

What I am hoping for is a way to flip between those without saving to drafts.  Any plans on this or is there a way I am missing?

We have to flip between a few forms at times and save to draft causes all kinds of issues with calculations that will not re-fire if the form was ever a draft.  I get that for a save but I think a draft that is reopened should count as a fresh form so this seems like a bug to me.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Doug,

What you are seeing is currently expected. When a survey is launched directly from URL or via a link from another app it opens a view of the survey in the stack. If you open several in a row without closing or saving the first one they will be on top of each other in the stack. Unfortunately there is no current way to switch between the open survey forms from within the UI, the only way is to close one at a time and see the one underneath it.

Also suggest open open an issue with Esri support and also log an idea on ArcGIS Survey123 ideas.

Regards,

Phil.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Doug,

What you are seeing is currently expected. When a survey is launched directly from URL or via a link from another app it opens a view of the survey in the stack. If you open several in a row without closing or saving the first one they will be on top of each other in the stack. Unfortunately there is no current way to switch between the open survey forms from within the UI, the only way is to close one at a time and see the one underneath it.

Also suggest open open an issue with Esri support and also log an idea on ArcGIS Survey123 ideas.

Regards,

Phil.

DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Added idea here  https://community.esri.com/ideas/19005 

Thanks