Is there a way to fix a "scrunched" grid question in Survey123?

05-14-2020 08:23 AM
ShaneBradt
New Contributor III

I recently updated and republished a Survey123 form (https://survey123.arcgis.com/share/20b0e78a2e6647439298981b57afeaf0) which had been functioning perfectly for nearly two months. (in case it matters, the survey was created with the web designer)

All of the new questions and content seemed to be updated without a problem, but for some strange reason, the grid questions are now scrunched up (see image below). All of the grid questions are displaying in this way. These questions were already in the survey before the new version was published and were not edited in any way during the update process.

Does anyone have an idea what happened, and most importantly, what can be done to fix it? This survey has been live since March 25th gathering data, so doing a Save As and republish is not a great option (and I've already tried that, the error is still present in the copy).

Thanks for any advice / potential solutions!

Shane

scrunched grid image

0 Kudos
17 Replies
Kylie
by Esri Regular Contributor
Esri Regular Contributor

The team is taking a look. Right now it is looking like it is tied to having the grid inside some nested conditionals (not just a single one). When you say that it doesn't look completely normal after you resize the window, what is still looking off to you?

Esri Education Team
ShaneBradt
New Contributor III

Got it. As I mentioned above, that would make sense as the source of the problem (it is one of the changes we made in the survey). Thanks again for keeping me up-to-date!

ShaneBradt
New Contributor III

This is how the grid looks when the survey is first loaded:

If I slightly adjust the size of the browser window once the survey is loaded, it changes and looks closer to normal:

Here is how the grid looks in the web designer (and how it looked in the pervious published survey):

ShaneBradt
New Contributor III

Happy Thursday James Tedrick and Kylie Donia!

Just checking back in with both of you to see if there is any update on this bug. Hope all is well with both of you.

Thanks,

Shane

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Shane,

I don't have an update at this time.  One thing that may be helpful is getting an Esri Support BUG number registered with this to make tracking easier - are you able to file a ticket (if not, I can also ask support to create the BUG).

0 Kudos
ShaneBradt
New Contributor III

Hi James,

Thanks for your response! I am not one of the people at UNH who can create a ticket on their own. If you could create one for me, that would be great. However, I could always reach out to the few people at UNH who can create a ticket if need be.

Thanks again,

Shane

0 Kudos
JodyZhengLiu
Esri Contributor

Hi Shane Bradt‌,

This is fixed and will be available in the coming 3.10 release at the end of July. Would you please have a try then using the latest version (append ?version=latest in URL or republish the survey)?

Thanks,

Jody Zheng Liu

0 Kudos
ShaneBradt
New Contributor III

Hi Zheng Liu‌ - thanks for the update and tip! I just tested the survey using the ?version=latest method you mentioned, and it seemed to fix the problem I was having. I just rolled the survey to 3.10 and it seems to be working just fine. Thanks so much again!

Shane