Select to view content in your preferred language

Is It possible to use repeat without Related Table? IE multiple points at locations for heatmap data?

09-09-2024 08:20 AM
Amarz
by
Frequent Contributor

Hello,

I am attempting to include a repeat into my survey created on the back of a Feature Service. I would like the user to locate the address in one question, and be able to add multiple answers / points during the Survey.

However, when I attempt to add a repeat, S123 Connect states that the 'Table repeat_entry not found'.. error

I don't want to add a related table, I just want 2 points at the same spot if possible. 

typenamelabel

geopointlocation_pointPoint

begin groupregistrant_contactRegistrant Contact Info
textfulladdressRegistrant's Address
textfirstnameRegistrant's First Name
textlastnameRegistrant's Last Name
textemailRegistrant's Email
textphoneContact Phone Number
textcountryclubAre you located in a Complex or Country Club?
end group  

begin repeatrepeat_entryClick + to add more than one
begin groupregistrant_propertyRegistrant Property Info
select_one registry_typeregtypeWhat are you registering?
select_one PD_Registry_BikebikegenderBicycle Gender
textyearYear
textmakeMake of ${regtype}
textmodelModel of ${regtype}
textcolorColor
textserialnumSerial Number / Owner Applied Number
textdescriptionDescription
select_one YesNogpsDoes this vehicle has a GPS Tracker?
filefilesubmissionPlease submit a clear picture of Property
end group  
end repeat  

textaddnumAddress number
textstreetnameStreet Name
textunitUnit
textcityCity
textstateState
textzipcodeZipcode
textF_addressidF_addressid
select_one GISStatusStatusStatus
0 Kudos
6 Replies
abureaux
MVP Frequent Contributor

It may help if you include your XLSX.

A repeat is, by its very nature, a related table.

0 Kudos
Amarz
by
Frequent Contributor

Thank you, I guess what I am looking for then would not be a repeat.. but maybe a way after the submission of the survey to transfer data from the existing survey to open a second one for the user to complete.

0 Kudos
RobertAnderson3
MVP Regular Contributor

What happens if you put the geopoint in the repeat, does it capture multiple geometries that way?

0 Kudos
Amarz
by
Frequent Contributor

Sounds like what I was attempting to achieve will not work, where ever I put the geopoint because I indeed do not have a related table. For this question though, the error of not finding the repeat table still occurs. Thanks for the idea.

0 Kudos
zkovacs
Frequent Contributor

Survey123 does not allow you to have multiple points/lines/polygons in a single record (aka multi-geometry). If you need multiple points/locations collected for the same site for example, you have two options:
- collect new records with the same site id/attributes (you can mark entries as 'favourites' in Survey123 so you don't have to type the same repeatedly)

- collect a single point/location for the main record (eg. for the site), and collect the multiple other (sub)locations in a repeat. (These will go to a related feature service/table as that's how repeats work in the app.)

Hope this helps.

0 Kudos
Amarz
by
Frequent Contributor

Thanks, I mis-understood what the repeat feature actually did at the time thinking I could use it not in a related table, but to repeat the collection of the data point.

0 Kudos