Select to view content in your preferred language

iOS App crashes every time I open

10-31-2019 01:44 AM
Barry_JohnMcKenna
New Contributor

Is there an issue with the current iOS version? I am unable to access Survey123 on an iPad as it opens and then crashes immediately. The iPad has management software in place but this has never been an issue before.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Barry,

What version of iOS is the iPad running? Currently there is a known issue with iOS 11 which is causing the app to crash on startup. If it is not iOS 11 can you please provide more details.

We are working on a hotfix for this issue and it should be available next week. In the meantime you can check out the latest 3.7 beta builds available on EAC and TestFlight if you want to install a working version before the update is made public.

Regards,

Phil.

BenVan_Kesteren1
Deactivated User

I am running iOS 13.1.3 on my iphone, have been using survey123 on existing surveys for a while no issues. 

Today (just an hour ago) I downloaded the Survey123 Template titled 'Watermarks', I then published it so I could test it out on my phone, I then opened the survey123 app on the phone, downloaded the recently published survey, and as soon as I opened the form I took a photo, the app crashed, and since then I have been unable to open the app again. I see the splash screen then it crashes, over and over. 

I will try an uninstall and reinstall to see if it helps, and report back.

I noticed this post so thought I would report my issue.

BenVan_Kesteren1
Deactivated User

Just to follow up, I completely uninstalled, and reinstalled the Survey123 iOS app and the survey now works fine. No issues.

0 Kudos
Barry_JohnMcKenna
New Contributor

Hi Phil/Ben

Thanks for your contributions and responses. I had already uninstalled the app and then reinstalled it but that did not work - that is my usual third/fourth way to resolve app crash issues following task manger, app sign-out and device shut down.

I was on iOS v13.? probably v13.1 and took your advise to update the iOS software. I am now on v13.2 and the problem has been resolved.

Thanks for your help.

Barry