Invalid token : error 498

08-20-2018 12:57 PM
NusratFatema1
New Contributor III

HI,

I am trying to use an existing  feature service to create my survey. We published the feature layer but I get 'invalid token error :498 whenever I am trying to create a survey from that feature service. Need Help please.

Thank You

Nusrat

Customer Number : 175

Tags (1)
22 Replies
NusratFatema1
New Contributor III

Hi James,

I have my log file. Which email you want me to forward that to?

Thank You

Nusrat

0 Kudos
NusratFatema1
New Contributor III

HI James, I sent you the log file. Let me know  what you think.

Thank You

Nusrat

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Nusrat,

Thanks for the log file; this helped me identify the issue.  The feature service is publicly available.  Per the documentation at https://support.esri.com/en/Technical-Article/000014793 , the service needs to be secured and you will need to create a proxied item.

NusratFatema1
New Contributor III

Hi James,

Thank you so much for you note. So  I followed your directions and  now tried to publish a survey from a secured feature service. I created a proxied  item. But it is now giving me a different 498 invalid token. Feature service     URL is not compatible. I did added the feature service URL form the details page to the submission URL of the form.

I have sent you  the Log file as well for you to see. And here is as screen shot of the new 498 error I am getting.

Thank You

Nusrat

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello James,

We setup AGS on 6443 because we thought that was the port you are supposed

to use for https services. My understanding is that it is the default port (

source

<https://enterprise.arcgis.com/en/server/latest/install/windows/ports-used-by-arcgis-server.htm>).

Our AGS site is for internal use and is not accessible outside of our

organization, so I didn't think we needed a web adapter.

I do not think we really have security setup. Is there a best practices

guide out there that you could point me to? Thanks

Josh

0 Kudos
NusratFatema1
New Contributor III

Hi James

Thank You so much for your guidelines. Yes I was able to create a proxy URL. Using the URL in 'submission url column in my  survey xls form .

Thank a lot.

0 Kudos
MichaelBabcock
New Contributor

Hi James,

I created the proxy and follow the instructions, but when I publish I'm still getting the same error (The custom feature service submission url is not compatible with this survey - request error 498 invalid token).

Mike   

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Michael,

Just to confirm, when you add the feature service to a map in ArcGIS Online, are you prompted for a login or does it display automatically?

0 Kudos
MichaelBabcock
New Contributor

Hi James,

Yes, I can add a feature service to a map in ArcGIS Online without being prompted for a login. My organization has an Enterprise account. I am able to add a my feature service published through ArcMap and essentially the same Survey 123 survey I published without a submission URL.  

Michael

0 Kudos
MichaelBabcock
New Contributor

I get the same code: 498 Invalid Token (Feature Service Error) when I try to publish any of my previous ArcGIS Online feature layers as a Survey 123 survey.  

0 Kudos