I can't view survey data submitted by a coworker.

07-03-2018 01:18 PM
TropleTracy
New Contributor II

I created some surveys on the Survey123 website.  I shared them with our work group on ArcGIS online.  The coworker is collecting data on an IPad with the Survey123 App.  I have been able to submit data and view it back in the office, but I can't view any of the coworkers data.  It show that she has submitted several surveys on the IPad, but they don't show up on the survey123 website or in ArcGIS.  I've tied resending the surveys and logging on as another user to submit.  Neither of these has worked. 

When I resend I now get an error. 

0 Kudos
9 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Trople,

Can you please expand on the error you now receive, is there an error code or description?

Also, have you checked the sharing permissions on the collaborate page on the Survey123 website for the survey. There are different settings for Submitters and Viewers, and this may be why you can't see the surveys other users have collected:

Regards,

Phil.

0 Kudos
TropleTracy
New Contributor II

When I go back to the survey & try to resend it from the iPad I get the message “Send Error This survey was not able to be sent due to the following error: Update error code 1019 – The specified feature could not be updated or does not exist.”

Permissions for viewer are set to all records in this survey.

Some other things to consider:

I did an update to the survey after the first set of data was collected.

This coworker started after I did this update. We are managing the survey through a group. She has been added to the group.

0 Kudos
deleted-user-o_z5hIcmMW4u
New Contributor

Hi, 

Try exporting the data as a CSV then make points from the CSV file.  That's the only solution I found.  

0 Kudos
TropleTracy
New Contributor II

That didn’t work either. They don’t appear to have left the iPad.

0 Kudos
TropleTracy
New Contributor II

I think we may have pinpointed what our problem is. The images that we are trying to attach with the surveys are too large and the surveys are failing. We are not able to delete images form the surveys and resubmit. When we go back in to edit the survey the trash can beside the images is not there.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Trople,

Have you tried getting the user to re-download the survey onto their device? It sounds as if the survey they have on their device is pointing to a feature service that no longer exists or was re-created when you did they update, so the itemid may have changed.

Phil.

0 Kudos
TropleTracy
New Contributor II

Yes I did have her re-download the surveys, but it didn’t help.

Today I copied one of the surveys to a new one & I am having her try entering a record into this survey to see if she can submit. I will let you know if this works.

0 Kudos
TropleTracy
New Contributor II

Looks like our issue has to do with a bug in the old version of Survey123. The surveys collected in the old version will not upload, but now that the new version is being used we can see her input.

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Great, thanks for letting me know.

0 Kudos