Hows does the Survey123 Inbox work

Jump to solution
01-07-2019 02:07 AM
StuartMoore
Occasional Contributor III

i am trying to understand how the Survey123 inbox works with a where clause

for example if i have a survey that has a few questions and one repeat section and if i have a where clause for the inbox that only shows in-progress surveys.

if i capture 100 surveys and 90 of them have a status of complete and the rest have a status of in-progress, when i go to the inbox and refresh i am guessing it will pull back only the 10 in-progress for the main survey but does it pull back all the records in the repeat section for all 100 surveys or again does it just pull back the ones related to the 10 that are in-progress?

i would assume it pulls back only the ones related to the 10 in-progress

any ideas?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Stuart,

Survey123 only retrieves the related records for the parent records that meet the definition expression.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
AdilsonFurlani
New Contributor III

Hi. 

I assume your search has been set to send without any restriction regarding the fill status of the fields. In this case, I suggest that you create a calculated field called STATUS to be populated (automatically, by calculation) with the fill percentage (using formulas, you can know if a field is filled or not). In the WHERE clause (of INBOX session), use this field to show only searches other than 100 (percent). To show this percentage in the INBOX session in the field application, include this field in the INSTANCE_NAME column of the SETTINGS tab (if you are using the Survey123 connection).

Good luck.

0 Kudos
StuartMoore

Hi thanks for the quick reply, but i am not really following you.

i am asking because we are experiencing some performance issues when refreshing the inbox and i was thinking it might be related to how its been implemented in that related tables / features are not filtered only the main tables / feature is.

Stu

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Stuart,

Survey123 only retrieves the related records for the parent records that meet the definition expression.

StuartMoore

Thanks James thats the answer i was hoping for 🙂

0 Kudos
StuartMoore

I've noticed a strange issue, I have about 1500 surveys that are pulled into the inbox, my survey has a several repeats each has a 'bind::esri:parameters' of 'query allowUpdates=true' but I have noticed that one of the repeating sections is missing data.

from some trial and error I've figured out that by increasing the "maxRecordCount" of the parent its included in the inbox, I would have expected this to have been the case if I had increased it of the related record but not of the parent

just wanted the share my findings

Stu

0 Kudos