How to republish a survey - error 400 cannot create folder

03-29-2019 02:24 PM
ALmaTej
New Contributor

I have been having issues with publishing forms in survey 123. I keep getting error 400 code (cannot create folder). I have followed advice online about deleting the folder and re-importing the spreadsheet, but I still get the same error 400 code.

What else can be causing this problem and how can I resolve it?How do I address this error?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
BrettStokes
Esri Contributor

Hi Alma,

Are you experiencing this for all surveys or just one in particular? It sounds like the folder already exists in your ArcGIS online account. Have you tried deleting the relevant survey folder (along with the Form and Feature Layer in it) from your ArcGIS Online account? You may also need to delete the .itemInfo file from the relevant 'My Survey Designs' folder on your machine (eg C:\Users\username\ArcGIS\My Survey Designs\SurveyName) before publishing again from Survey123 Connect.

Hope this helps,

Brett

0 Kudos
LisaDong
Esri Contributor

Hi Alma, 

If this problem still occurs even after deleting the survey folder from your ArcGIS Online account & deleting the .itemInfo file as mentioned above by Brett, perhaps we have too many survey questions?

A survey published to portal can have a maximum of 500 questions & a survey published to ArcGIS Online can have a maximum of 1,024 questions. 

0 Kudos