How to prepopulate geopoint from URL Scheme X & Y

Jump to solution
01-10-2017 10:36 PM
OscarSepulveda_III
Occasional Contributor

Good evening everyone,

I have queried the GeoNet and have not come across the workflow on utilizing Lat Long from a feature service within Collector with a URL scheme.  I can push the values across to my survey but I do not know how to have the 'geopoint' default to them.

This is an example of my xlsx form showing Y and X coming across and then combining. Before sending to the geopoint.

Hydrant XLSX Form Example

This is the actual table from the hydrant feature service.  I utilize the FacilityID as my unique ID and also bring across the FMZ and Shift.

Collector_Feature_Service_Example_Hydrant

This is currently my result.

Survey123_Hydrant_Example_NOGEOPOINT

Again any information would be helpful. TX

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Oscar,

I'm not quite sure what you're meaning by "lat/long defined in the URL not generic lat/long will produce an overlay on the existing point within collector" - if the Point_X and Point_Y are the same as the lat/long of the shape, they will still overlay.

With regard to this in your case, the url should have

center={Point_Y},{Point_X} 

in the link in the popup

View solution in original post

5 Replies
MichaelKelly
Occasional Contributor III

Something like this should do the trick:

typenamelabelcalculation
textxX
textyY
geopointlocationLocation${x} + " " + ${y}

You don't need to use substr() in this case because the X and Y values are already in separate fields - you just need to concatenate the values.

JamesTedrick

You should also be able to specify the point with the 'center' parameter, as per Integrate with other apps—Survey123 for ArcGIS | ArcGIS :

arcgis-survey123://?itemID=36ff9e8c13e042a58cfce4ad87f55d19&field:Surname=Klauser&center=37.8199,-122.4783

0 Kudos
OscarSepulveda_III
Occasional Contributor

Hi James Tedrick , 

I saw Integrate with other apps—Survey123 for ArcGIS | ArcGIS yet I am confused on how the use of 'center=' with the lat/long defined in the URL not generic lat/long will produce an overlay on the existing point within collector.  

Can you please help me understand this? Thank you.

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Hi Oscar,

I'm not quite sure what you're meaning by "lat/long defined in the URL not generic lat/long will produce an overlay on the existing point within collector" - if the Point_X and Point_Y are the same as the lat/long of the shape, they will still overlay.

With regard to this in your case, the url should have

center={Point_Y},{Point_X} 

in the link in the popup

OscarSepulveda_III
Occasional Contributor

Ok. Thank you James Tedrick Employee  . I was literally putting in 37.8199,-122.4783 instead of ={Point_Y},{Point_X} . Now it works perfectly!

0 Kudos