Select to view content in your preferred language

Getting Error 400 Item does not exist or is inaccessible in Survey123 Connect when go to publish survey

Jump to solution
05-04-2023 11:44 AM
Bec
by
New Contributor III

I was having issues with some of my fields not showing up after I made some changes to my survey.  It's still in the testing phase, so I went ahead and deleted the form, layer and map, from within AGO along with the folder these items were stored in.  When I went to republish my survey, I now get the following error:

Survey Error Message.PNG

I found a post from another user who had a similar issue and the solution was to delete the file within the survey folder that has iteminfo at the end of the file name.

Item Info.PNG

I deleted that file and then tried again to publish my survey and still get the same error message from above.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

If you deleted it then its confused since it is not there.

Quick way around it is to 

Close Connect

Go into the My Survey Designs folder and find your form.

Rename the .iteminfo file to say OLDname

This will wipe your name, and other settings so reset that.

Now you can repub the form and it will make all new form item, feature service, etc.

Hope that helps

Other option is to say New Survery from file and pick your xlsx.  Then add the media folder over from the old form manually.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

If you deleted it then its confused since it is not there.

Quick way around it is to 

Close Connect

Go into the My Survey Designs folder and find your form.

Rename the .iteminfo file to say OLDname

This will wipe your name, and other settings so reset that.

Now you can repub the form and it will make all new form item, feature service, etc.

Hope that helps

Other option is to say New Survery from file and pick your xlsx.  Then add the media folder over from the old form manually.

Bec
by
New Contributor III

Doug,

Thanks for saving me from my rookie mistake!  I did as you said in the above reply and was able to successfully submit my survey again.  My other option was just to make a copy and change the name slightly, which would have worked as well.  Thanks again for your help!

Bec

HadeesullahSahak
New Contributor

Dough: Thank you it worked for me!