Geopoint-elevation, accuracy, threshold

04-26-2016 04:04 PM
BrianKaplan
Occasional Contributor

HI,  can the geopoint in Survey123 capture elevation, the gps accuracy, and can a threshold be set for what a successful geopoint capture cannot go above. 

The lat/long presented during selection of a point on the map displays a +/- value.  Can this value be captured. 

The xlsform.org describes a body::accuracyThreshold geopointstore_gpsCollect parameter for ODK and that ODK collect captures a point if the +/- is below 5 m.  5m is probably not feasible all locations so it would be nice to set a threshold.

Lastly, elevation would be great to include.

9 Replies
HannahFerrier
Occasional Contributor III

Great question!!

We will be adding support for both GPS averaging and GPS accuracy threshold in the next release of Survey123.

This should allow you to determine your location using a range of positions, and to reject all positions that are not within a specified threshold.

Hannah

BrianKaplan
Occasional Contributor

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Joseph_Kinyon
Occasional Contributor II

This is fantastic news! You keep lining them up and knocking them down. Looking forward to this.
Not sure, is the next release date scheduled?

deleted-user-23WYWUIp9HyE
New Contributor II

I'm also curious about how to implement this such that the elevation and coordinates are recorded from the GPS in a form field field for the feature being collected.

Thank you.

Tom

0 Kudos
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Thomas. While GPS Accuracy Thresold was implemented sometime ago, we still do not have a good way for you to extract the X,Y and Z values of a geopoint as attributes in your feature.  Please have a look at this Idea and vote for it if you think it is important: Storing Positional Accuracy of GeoPoints 

AndrewHargreaves2
Occasional Contributor III

Ismael Chivite‌ thanks for pointing me towards Accuracy Threshold. I know I can easily specify a 1 FOOT accuracy threshold value by stating 0.3048 Meters - however, is it possible to change the message shown to display "FT" instead of "m"?

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Andrew, 

Currently, the units display only is in meters.  I've added U.S. units display as a possible enhancement.

bearscat7
New Contributor

Hey James,

I'd like my survey 123 elevation data to be in feet not meters.  Is there an expression I can create in the form that converts metric to imperial (US feet), so that it displays in feet?

Thanks,

Sara

0 Kudos
ecrdaecrda
New Contributor II

Hi Hannah

Did we manage to include the features you have mention above in this current release ?

"

We will be adding support for both GPS averaging and GPS accuracy threshold in the next release of Survey123.

This should allow you to determine your location using a range of positions, and to reject all positions that are not within a specified threshold.

Hannah

"