Formatting date in Survey123

Jump to solution
10-05-2016 01:48 PM
bobwright
Occasional Contributor

Greetings. I've read Ismael's post regarding this, but it doesn't address the specific question I have. I understand that using the type "date" results in 10/5/16 12:00, but I would really like it to be 2016/10/05 12:00 so I can sort properly on them (10/21/16 sorts before 10/5/16 for example). The type "datetime" results in 16/5/10 which doesn't help much either. Changing the date format in the Regional settings of Windows does not help any. Suggestions? Thanks.

Tags (1)
19 Replies
MaureenPeniuk
New Contributor II

Day month year, will work for us for now.

That is better than having the month in the middle at least.

Maureen

0 Kudos
MaureenPeniuk
New Contributor II

Both Canada and South America display as / year month day/ in the form.

In the on-line data table it reverts back to month day year and the am/pm

time.

Maureen

0 Kudos
FRSadmin
New Contributor III

Hello,

I am trying to get this to display seconds using `%h:%M:%S` but it will only show seconds as 00 in survey123...

Is there anyway to autofill the seconds part using the now() data?

0 Kudos
SarahWhitton
New Contributor

I am trying to format my date, for example if I select today's date, December 4, 2018 I get 1543899600000. I added a hidden line with a calculation, as follows, format-date(${ReportDate},'%d/%m/%y') . I would like to reference this new formatted date in a calculation, which will produce an email (shown below).

When I insert the hidden line for the format-date, I get an error.

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Sarah,

What is the error that you get after adding the hidden line?

0 Kudos
MichelleWilliamsERM
Occasional Contributor III

Is it possible to get this to work? I'm getting the UGLY Number right now: 

MichelleWilliamsERM_0-1630523423797.png

typenamelabelcalculation
select_one yes_noBMPsRequiredNew/Additional BMP Needed 
textBMPRepairStatusUGLYBMP Repair Needed Dateif(${BMPsRequired}='Yes', now(), 'None')
textBMPRepairStatusBMP Repair Needed Dateformat-date(${BMPRepairStatusUGLY},'%Y/%m/%d %H:%M')
0 Kudos
AmyHarrigan
Occasional Contributor

Is it possible to get the year format in a spinner appearance rather than in a tab to the before or after year?

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Corey,

Can you clarify a little bit?  The year appearance already act much like a spinner appearance:

Are asking for the forward/back areas to be separate buttons?

0 Kudos
AmyHarrigan
Occasional Contributor

Suppose I was looking to see if there was a way to display year the same way you would for time. 

DanielMcIlroy
Occasional Contributor

I was also looking to display my date this way. fingers crossed it is in the pipeline

0 Kudos