Field Audio File Collection

Jump to solution
04-10-2017 11:57 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Being able to have a audio collection feature would be most essential for the work we are doing.

This is a main stumbling block for our end users.  They want to add voice notes in the field and then transcribe back in the office.

When will this be added?

Peter

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

What I am finding due to the limited nature of using the virtual key boards on smaller field units such as ipads, Samsung Tabs and such, 8 to 10 inch diagonal sized screens it difficult to type in detailed descriptions. Field Crews love to add notes!

We don't want the field crews having to do fancy things, like open up an audio file, record, save file, and then download back at office and associate to table.

Having this type of file available in the configuration xls sheet would be most welcome and I can see many other filed users needing this.  Controlling audio and video files in ArcPad is now second nature. 

Overall the Survey123 app is fantastic and I hope esri keeps letting your team keep moving forward (keeps you funded) 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Peter,

Thanks for the enhancement request.  We don't have a specific timeline for that feature yet.

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

What I am finding due to the limited nature of using the virtual key boards on smaller field units such as ipads, Samsung Tabs and such, 8 to 10 inch diagonal sized screens it difficult to type in detailed descriptions. Field Crews love to add notes!

We don't want the field crews having to do fancy things, like open up an audio file, record, save file, and then download back at office and associate to table.

Having this type of file available in the configuration xls sheet would be most welcome and I can see many other filed users needing this.  Controlling audio and video files in ArcPad is now second nature. 

Overall the Survey123 app is fantastic and I hope esri keeps letting your team keep moving forward (keeps you funded) 

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

You could possibly utilize the speech to text on the iPad to have them clearly and slowly speak the notes they need added into the data fields of your app. We use this technique within the Collector app and plan on utilizing it within Survey123 for our comments, descriptions, and notes.

PetronilaMandeno
Occasional Contributor II

Does anyone know if this has been implemented yet? Or if it still planned?

0 Kudos