Favorite answer not working as expected.

Jump to solution
11-29-2016 07:23 AM
BrentKinal1
Occasional Contributor III

I am trying to incorporate favorite answers into my Survey 123 workflows. However, when I click "Save as favorite answers" following the completion of the first four questions on my form and then go on to complete the form, the entire state of the completed form is pasted when I click " Paste favorite answer" the next time i fill in the form. I would only expect the first four answers to populate. Am I doing something wrong here?

Survey 123 version 1.9.24

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BrentKinal1

So...I went back and tested this again and found that rather than saving the form in its incomplete state that if you close it using the "x" in the upper left of the form you are then prompted with the "Confirm Close" pop-up and here if you select "Save this Survey in Drafts" that it will save the current state of the form as Favorite Answers. Not entirely intuitive but it does solve my problem. I hope improvement on the favorite answer functionality will be forth coming.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
CarmelConnolly3
Occasional Contributor II

Hi Brent,

I believe this is expected behaviour - Ismael suggests a workaround in this post that might be useful: https://community.esri.com/message/625105

Carmel

0 Kudos
BrentKinal1

Hi Carmel, 

Thanks for the link,  I can see how this approach would work under some workflows, unfortunately I have a required field that I do not want as one of my "Favorite answers". I can't save the form until that field is completed and then it become a favorite answer which is not desirable.

0 Kudos
CarmelConnolly3
Occasional Contributor II

Hi Brent,

Ah I see! Might be worth commenting on that post I shared to make Ismael aware of that limitation or post an idea to Ideas site: https://community.esri.com/community/arcgis-ideas

Carmel

0 Kudos
BrentKinal1

So...I went back and tested this again and found that rather than saving the form in its incomplete state that if you close it using the "x" in the upper left of the form you are then prompted with the "Confirm Close" pop-up and here if you select "Save this Survey in Drafts" that it will save the current state of the form as Favorite Answers. Not entirely intuitive but it does solve my problem. I hope improvement on the favorite answer functionality will be forth coming.