External_choices error when convert to XLSForm

Jump to solution
01-13-2016 08:48 AM
Juan_JoséPino_Povedano
New Contributor II

Hi!!

I´m trying to use the external choices with Survey 1.2.12, when the app is converting to XLS Form, the application shows this error:

ErrorCON externalchoice.JPG

I don´t know why this error happens, I´ve created the external_choices:

ExternalChoices.JPG

I ´ve created the select_one_external in survey and the relation with Provincia in the choice_filter 

${Provincia}=Provincia

selectOneExternal.JPG

Does anyone know what It happens?

Thanks a lot,

JJ Pino.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
FasilTiru
Esri Regular Contributor

Juan,

We reviewed your XLSFile and discovered the source of the error. It looks like the validation is failing due to the nonASCII characters in the label column of external_choices sheet. The Survey123 team will review this issue and provide a solution soon.

error_source123.PNG

Thanks,

Fasil T.

Esri Support

View solution in original post

5 Replies
MikeMillerGIS
Esri Frequent Contributor

This forum is for the utility configurations, for general help, I would suggest posting in Survey123 for ArcGIS

0 Kudos
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi,

could you please share the XLSFile with us so we can have a look?  You can upload files in GeoNet.

Thanks,

Ismael

0 Kudos
Juan_JoséPino_Povedano
New Contributor II

I haven´t got permission to upload files, I send you a Link from wetransfer to download the XLSFile.

http://we.tl/64mm3Rmfj6

Best regards,

JJ Pino.

0 Kudos
FasilTiru
Esri Regular Contributor

Juan,

We reviewed your XLSFile and discovered the source of the error. It looks like the validation is failing due to the nonASCII characters in the label column of external_choices sheet. The Survey123 team will review this issue and provide a solution soon.

error_source123.PNG

Thanks,

Fasil T.

Esri Support

Juan_JoséPino_Povedano
New Contributor II

Ok, I´ll try to no use that kind of characters.

Thanks,

JJ Pino.