Expand text box - web form

Jump to solution
01-07-2019 06:15 AM
JoshHarris2
New Contributor II

I have a survey that is predominantly completed in a web browser. One of the questions requires free text, and I have set a character limit of 1000. Sadly, the text box does not expand when you enter text that exceeds the width of the text box on display. This makes it hard to read back over text that has been entered.

Is this behaviour expected?

Many thanks

Josh

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BrandonArmstrong
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Josh,

Depending upon which method you used to create your survey, I would consider using the multiline text option, rather than single line.  If Survey123 Connect was used to design your survey, you can set the a value of 'multiline' in the appearance column for the desired question in your XLSForm.  If you used the web designer, available with the Survey123 website, you can add a "Mulitline Text" question.

This would be the best method to allow for all text to be seen, regardless of length of the answer.

Best,

Brandon

View solution in original post

2 Replies
BrandonArmstrong
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Josh,

Depending upon which method you used to create your survey, I would consider using the multiline text option, rather than single line.  If Survey123 Connect was used to design your survey, you can set the a value of 'multiline' in the appearance column for the desired question in your XLSForm.  If you used the web designer, available with the Survey123 website, you can add a "Mulitline Text" question.

This would be the best method to allow for all text to be seen, regardless of length of the answer.

Best,

Brandon

JoshHarris2
New Contributor II

Thanks Brandon