Error code 201

11-25-2017 06:53 AM
ChrisYoung2
Occasional Contributor

I created this survey with the result that when using it in the field on my phone data can't be submitted because it gives the send error Code-201 Parent to child relationship not found for "Invasives to 'Photo_Points. The odd thing is I can access the same form online and enter the same data and it does not give me that message. Any ideas how to fix this?

0 Kudos
9 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Chris,

This is submitting to an existing feature service, correct?  Can you provide details about how the feature classes were set up?

0 Kudos
ChrisYoung2
Occasional Contributor

Hi James,

Yes, this was submitting to an existing feature service. As I am still somewhat of a novice in this process, I will send you the spread sheet which I used to set it up and then you can see what is there. We can then have something to discuss points from. I should also mention that after posting that question, I redesigned the form differently to allow for less disruption in collection. Attached is the original version which I experienced problems with. In the new version, the repeats were changed to groups with the exception of the invasive plants section.

Chris

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Hi Chris,

In looking at your form, you have a repeat section within a repeat section (what we call a 'nested repeat') - currently Survey123 does not support more than one level of repeats in a form.  I don't know if it's appropriate, but changing the Invasive Species field from a select_one inside a repeat to a select_multiple would address the issue.

ChrisYoung2
Occasional Contributor

Thanks, I’ll keep that in mind for future forms. I am curious though why I was able to complete an entry on the internet and submit it, but unable to do so when using my phone. Any explanation for that?

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

There are a few places where the web form is more advanced in support for form designs than the field app, and a few places where the field app is more advanced than the web form- when we talk about what is supported in Survey123, we try to limit to functionality supported by both web and field app.

0 Kudos
LucianoCampagnolo1
New Contributor II

Hi James,

So, according to what you are saying, you can't have a single nested repeat? 

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Hi Luciano,

We only support one level of repeats.  You currently cannot have a repeat within a repeat.

AliBarakat
Occasional Contributor II

Hello,

I am having the same error and i am not using nested repeats, attached is my XLS form

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Hi Ali,

Apologies for the delay.  When I published a duplicate of the survey, data submitted correctly.  It appears it might be an issue with the feature service setup - could you provide the JSON of the service?  Feel free to e-mail me at jtedrick AT Esri.com if you want to do so.

0 Kudos