Select to view content in your preferred language

Error: An error occurred when checking the report template. The end tag ${/} is unopened.

01-03-2024 09:47 AM
MTavares_Manitoba
Emerging Contributor

Good day all, I am receiving this error when I go to upload this template to Survey 123. It shows "Error: An error occurred when checking the report template. The end tag ${/} is unopened."

Has anyone run into this and found a solution? I have attached my template for reference.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
abureaux
MVP Frequent Contributor

This is a very common error. The easiest troubleshooting method is to cut out a block of text (I try to cut my document in half - like playing 20-questions) > save > upload to test for the error. Once the document parses successfully, you know the error was in the removed text. From there, just repeat the process until you figure out exactly what part is causing the issue.

In a quick glance, the only repeat you seem to have is the photos at the end. Cut that out and see if the error persists.

abureaux
MVP Frequent Contributor

And one more tip to save time. Another common issue is mismatched brackets (e.g., using ( instead of {).

If you do a global find/replace for ${ and }, you should always find the same number of items for both. In your case:

abureaux_0-1704308910777.png

and

abureaux_1-1704308926846.png