Select to view content in your preferred language

Delete multiple data

Jump to solution
09-29-2017 07:50 AM
JuliePoulin
New Contributor

Hi! I'm new to Survey123. I had create a survey and have add multiple data (100+). I know how to delete one record at a time. But how can we delete multiple data (50)? 

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BrandonArmstrong
Esri Regular Contributor

Thank you for clarifying and providing the screenshot, Julie.

I was wondering if there are attachments that are included with these records?  If not, I would like to recommend reviewing the documentation outlining credit cost related to the storage of feature services (without attachments).  If interested, please click on the link below...

Credits by capability

I currently have a service with over 1,000,000 records (2 rows) which has a size of 145 MB.  That means, with current credit cost, it would be (145 MB/10 MB) * 2.4 credits = 34.8 credits per month

Understanding that you may still want to use the method of exporting your data, and deleting records as you go, I wanted to provide you with another link which outlines a process that can be taken to delete multiple records from a service at once.

FAQ: Is it possible to batch delete features in ArcGIS Online?

Please take caution when using these steps, as once the records are deleted, they will not be retrievable.

Brandon

View solution in original post

5 Replies
BrandonArmstrong
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello Julie,

Can you please elaborate on 'adding multiple data' to the survey?  Does this mean that there have been multiple surveys that you have submitted and are now looking to delete them?

If so, there are a few methods which can be used to accomplish the task.  Please confirm or further explain the questions listed above.

Brandon

0 Kudos
JuliePoulin
New Contributor

Hi Brandon,

Sorry for being unclear.

In a survey, i had record multiple points (surveyPoint). I don't want to use many "Esri credits", so I want to download (SHP) them and delete them each day.

I know we can delete one surveyPoint at a time. But can we all delete them in one click?

Did I need to create a new survey (copy/paste) each day and delete the "old" one.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
BrandonArmstrong
Esri Regular Contributor

Thank you for clarifying and providing the screenshot, Julie.

I was wondering if there are attachments that are included with these records?  If not, I would like to recommend reviewing the documentation outlining credit cost related to the storage of feature services (without attachments).  If interested, please click on the link below...

Credits by capability

I currently have a service with over 1,000,000 records (2 rows) which has a size of 145 MB.  That means, with current credit cost, it would be (145 MB/10 MB) * 2.4 credits = 34.8 credits per month

Understanding that you may still want to use the method of exporting your data, and deleting records as you go, I wanted to provide you with another link which outlines a process that can be taken to delete multiple records from a service at once.

FAQ: Is it possible to batch delete features in ArcGIS Online?

Please take caution when using these steps, as once the records are deleted, they will not be retrievable.

Brandon

JuliePoulin
New Contributor

Thank you Brandon for your answer!

I had follow the steps of the FAQ and it works!

Thanks again

0 Kudos
NR-DonCoppleGISS
New Contributor II

I don't think this is the best solution and would make the recommendation to allow multiple deletion in the application.  Place check marks to select several and delete.  I don't even see the object IDs of my data, and selecting one at a time is not a great option.  I like the surveys, just need the option to delete a previous year's data after downloading it.

0 Kudos