date/time error on report beta

05-07-2018 01:20 PM
RonBoyer
New Contributor

We are using the Report (Beta) with Survey123 to download a custom form with answers to our survey questions. Everything works great, except for date/time fields. When the report document is opened from Word, any field that is a date/time field is 12 hours ahead of the time recorded in the arcgis online database. I thought it may be a computer time setting, but that doesn't seem to be the case.  Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Ron,

Which time zone do you reside in? When you mention the time as stored in the ArcGIS online database, you are referring to the value stored (UTC) or the value viewed in most web applications (browsers automatically offset from UTC to your local timezone)?

0 Kudos
RonBoyer
New Contributor

Mountain time zone. I wondered if that were the case. I wasn't sure how it worked, because the time recorded in the survey is local to the iPad that we are using to fill out the survey.

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Ron,

I see the issue - it appears that when submitting the request, there's a flipped +/- sign with to the UTC offset parameter.  This can be avoided by manually specifying the UTC offset in the template; I have filed an issue to address this.

0 Kudos
ZhifangWang
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Ron Boyer

Thanks for your feedback, the issue will be fixed in the coming 2.8 release.

0 Kudos