Select to view content in your preferred language

Copying "Repeats" to new surveys not working

02-05-2018 07:23 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Ismael Chivite James Tedrick,

I built a survey form with the intention that users can click on a “sent” item and “copy the sent data to a new survey,” when adding new records.

I used “allowUpdates” in “bind::esri:parameters” to allow users to edit previously sent “repeat questions.”

But, I noticed this procedure doesn’t create new related tables for the newly copied survey records, but rather edits on top of the previously sent “related tables,” and moves it across to the new record. (i.e. deletes the previously sent “related tables”).

Due to this error I changed the “bind::esri:parameters” to blank. But, when copying sent data to a new survey, I noted that any of the pre-exiting information on “repeat questionswon’t be saved onto new related records upon submission. Rather, you have to add “new entries” to "repeat questions" for any additional related tables.

I was really banking on this feature to work. It would be greatly appreciated, if you guys could come up with a solution soon.

Thanks so much,

Gee

0 Kudos
12 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

It's in the comment before.  I've attached it to this comment as well.

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi James Tedrick‌,

Thanks so much for your excel copy. Yes, when I tried your's it worked flawlessly.

And, I came to realise the reason for this issue 

The Repeat Name has to start with an UpperCase letter. In your instance the repeat name was DietaryNeeds. But, if you change it to dietaryNeeds it wouldn't work.

Thanks again for your assistance. And, I hope this issue will be fixed in the next release of Survey123.

JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Geethaka,

I've logged the issue and your comments.

0 Kudos