Connect two surveys to the same database

03-29-2019 05:48 AM
DannielaCardenas
New Contributor III

Hello
I need help with a doubt.
It is possible to connect two surveys to the same database, editing a single record from both surveys.
I have a survey to make the entry, and I want to track the people who enter (with questions of image storage, signature), so I want to know if there is any application to do this, or in survey connect you can do another survey from another survey.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi,

It is possible to have 2 surveys, or 2 completely different applications, edit the same tables.  If wanting 2 surveys to do, you would need to have at least one configured by using an existing feature service; see Use Survey123 with existing feature services—Survey123 for ArcGIS | ArcGIS .  With 2 applications, you could create the survey as usual, and then add the feature layer of the survey in the other application (or in the map of the other application).

One to note if the applications are editing the same data is that the last edit will 'win' if multiple applications are editing the same feature at the same time; this may cause some issues, especially if you are editing while disconnected, as data that has been edited in one application but not updated in another may be overwritten by the non-updated application.

0 Kudos