Select to view content in your preferred language

Connect Error Portal

10-22-2019 01:41 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm setting up a new Portal that for now has a domain level ssl cert. When I try to connect Connect to the new Portal I'm met with err_cert_weak_signature_algorithm.

Can I not use S123 Connect with our Portal with a domain cert?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Nathan,

Does this error occur in initially trying to add the portal to the list of portals, or on sign-in? 

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi James

When first adding the portal. We're proceeding with getting an ssl cert from a CA so I'm hoping that will fix the issue. I've read a few support articles that Esri has disabled connecting to an "unsecured ssl cert" in many of its apps, which sort of defeats the purpose of a testing environment. I'm assuming Connect is the same in that it will not connect to a domain cert?

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Nathan,

Yes, development/testing environments should have a properly issued certificate.  

Note that in your case, the issue was the signing algorithm being used, likely one that has been phased out from common use in the last few years (like SHA-1).  You would simply need to create a new certificate with an up-to-date algorithm (SHA-256).  Another common issue is the use of a 'domain CA'; this should be fine for Survey123 Connect if you add the domain's root CA certificate to the root key store.

0 Kudos