Select to view content in your preferred language

Conditional selection and pre-determined response parameter

9 hours ago
FrancineLarson
New Contributor

Hi all - fairly new user here that has seem to grasped the basics of the Survey123 Connect app and form development but am struggling to determine the best approach for tackling the challenge outlined below. 

I'm creating a Survey123 reporting form where my colleagues can enter details for their conservation projects.  For each project, a Practice Type (rain garden, wetland restoration, manure compost bin, etc.) will be selected from a pulldata list I've created.  Once the user selects the Practice Type, I would like to have the form autopopulate the appropriate Reporting Parameters for that Practice Type so that the user is not guessing as to what they need to report upon.

Essentially, I would like to have a "select one from pulldata" entry to have the user select their Practice Type, then have the survey display three integer fields and autopopulate the appropriate Reporting Parameters which are dependent upon the Practice Type selected. 

Can I list the Reporting Parameter(s) next to the Practice Type within my pulldata csv and somehow associate each Type with its corresponding parameters in the survey?  I'm unclear if this gets me the desired outcome or if this is the best approach.  I've reviewed some of ESRI's sample forms (cascading selects, complex select multiple) and this seems to be similar to what I need.  However, I do not want to display the Reporting Parameter as another "selection" for the user.  Instead, I want to display the autopopulated Reporting Parameters next to an integer box for the user to fill in.

See the attached .csv where I display the appropriate Reporting Parameters for each Practice Type.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
0 Replies