Select to view content in your preferred language

Code 1000: String or binary data would be truncated. The statement has been terminated

12-18-2017 03:59 AM
QualidadeFlorestal
Emerging Contributor

Hi there!

Our users are having this problem while trying to send completed surveys. I checked some topics related, that says the problem might be the length of the fields, but the formulas we´re using in this form are just minus operations. I attached the form and two pictures, hope you guys can figure it out and help us.

PS: in the next update, we´ll change the fields 'Prof_recomendada' and 'Esp_recomendado' to integer/decimal and remove the limit of characters/input mask. Gonna wait for your recommendations to add other necessary changes.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi,

It looks like the issue is the Esp_recomendado question - you specified a mask of 0,00 and a length of 3 - the decimal mark will also be submitted, resulting in a length of 4 if you have a string like "3,14".

On the decimal number issue, this is due to the way computers store decimal numbers (see The Floating-Point Guide - What Every Programmer Should Know About Floating-Point Arithmetic if interested).  I would suggest rounding the number to prevent this 'over-presicision'.

QualidadeFlorestal
Emerging Contributor

Tks James!

0 Kudos