Clearing non-relevant data upon submission

02-27-2017 07:38 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Is there anything within Survey123 that can be tied to the submission event? I'm looking for any solution for the following problem. 

I have a decision tree with SurveyA and SurveyB. They have some shared attributes before the choice of which survey are you taking (A or B). Using the relevant clauses, only pertinent questions show up depending on your selection. My issue is that if I select A, fill out answers, then toggle back to B, the data is not cleared even though I'd like it to be. 

Does anyone have a good work around? I can imagine you could probably do something along the lines of if A is selected, all B cells should be null. 

Thanks

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Tom. The behavior your describe is not expected.  If a question is not relevant, Survey123 should not  be sending any data for  it, even if the user  typed something on it or a default value is set.  Would you please share  your XLSfile and describe steps to reproduce  the behavior so we can look at the issue in more detail?

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hey Ismael,

Thanks for your response. I think this issue should be closed out for now, I should have done my due diligence and actually submitted. My concern was that the answers were showing before I submitted. Thanks again

0 Kudos