Select to view content in your preferred language

Cannot publish survey when visibility rule based on single choice question response is applied to note

02-01-2024 11:55 PM
MadiWoodrum
New Contributor II

I have a Note element in my Survey123 form that I only want to be visible when participants respond with any choice in a Single Choice question other than one certain choice. I saved and published the survey before applying the visibility rule, and no errors occurred. After I applied a visibility rule to the Note (*question* IS NOT *choice*), the survey could be saved but not published. An error message occurred requiring something to be done to the visibility rule on the Note. After some trial and error, I found that no matter what the visibility rule on the Note was, it would prevent the survey from being published, and I could only publish the survey without a visibility rule on the Note.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
abureaux
MVP Frequent Contributor

try not(selected(${question},'my one choice'))

EDIT: And if that doesn't work, can you please provide your XLSX so we can see how the note's visibility is set up?

0 Kudos
MadiWoodrum
New Contributor II

We are in the ArcGIS Online Survey123 platform, not Connect. A non-GIS, community engagement employee is managing the survey and isn't familiar with Survey123 Connect.

0 Kudos
abureaux
MVP Frequent Contributor

Darn. Sorry, I don't have much experience with the web designer. To limited for what I tend to need.

0 Kudos
MadiWoodrum
New Contributor II

Thanks anyway! I'm pretty sure it's a bug.

0 Kudos