Select to view content in your preferred language

Cannot copy over ArcGIS folder from iPad

06-07-2017 06:40 AM
CarlHolt1
Occasional Contributor III

Trying to copy the ArcGIS folder from the Survey123 app on an iPad and get an error that "ArcGIS" could not be copied over because an error occurred. A duplicate file name was specified.

Yet no ArcGIS folder exist in the directory I am trying to copy onto my PC.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

One thing that I could think of is if there are files inside the directory that have the same name with just differences in capitalization - iOS devices are case sensitive, while Windows isn't (i.e., hello.txt = Hello.txt)

0 Kudos
ZoeGoodyear2
New Contributor II

I am having the same error.  There is not another file in the directory that I am attempting to save it to, I am attempting to save the file inside of a new folder.  Has there been any progress in solving this issue? 

JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Zoe,

As this is an issue with iTunes that we have not been able to reproduce, we have not identified a solution for this.

0 Kudos
erica_poisson
Regular Contributor

This is a regular error that multiple people within my organization, myself included, have received any time we try saving the ArcGIS folder to our computers, or network drives. It makes it near impossible to easily add basemaps to Survey123, or to pull of the .sqlite databases off of iPads when necessary.

Erica
0 Kudos
AlainChouinard
New Contributor III

Hi All !

I have the same issue, I am not able to download a backup copy of the .sqlite database from our iPhones... This is an important issue for us because we work in remote areas where there is no cellular network and no internet connection so we need to make a backup copy daily to avoid data loss. Is there a workaround ? I suggest ESRI develop a simpler way to download backup copies.

LanceCole
MVP Regular Contributor

Have you tried using a third party iDevice file manager such as iExplorer.  This has been able to access files that I have not been able to access via iTunes.

erica_poisson
Regular Contributor

iExplorer works great!

Erica
0 Kudos