Can't generate reports or export data

01-24-2018 02:43 PM
ChrisShuck1
New Contributor II

Every survey my company has created is currently experiencing the same issue. We get the following error when trying to generate reports:  "An error occurred while generating report. get errors when rendering the template: The tag "field_35" should be the only text in this paragraph The tag "field_20" should be the only text in this paragraph The tag"... and so on.  We also cannot export excel files. 

0 Kudos
24 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Chris, 

Can you provide the XLSFile and DOCX file for the surveys that are not working?

0 Kudos
ChrisShuck1
New Contributor II

Hi James,

They are attached.

Thanks,

Chris Shuck

Staff Biologist

Transcon Environmental

1942 University Avenue, Suite 206

Berkeley, California 94704

0 Kudos
ChrisShuck1
New Contributor II

Hi James,

I am checking in to make sure that you received the files that I sent you on Monday. I just tried to generate reports from the two surveys in question, and I am still getting the error messages.

Chris Shuck

Staff Biologist

Transcon Environmental

1942 University Avenue, Suite 206

Berkeley, California 94704

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Hi Chris,

Yes, I have received them and will look into the issue.

0 Kudos
ChrisShuck1
New Contributor II

Thank you

Chris

0 Kudos
ChrisShuck1
New Contributor II

Hi,

I am checking in. Reports for these two surveys still will not generate. Given that the error message lists no reasons for the error, there is little that I can do to fix this issue on my own. 

Chris

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Hi Chris,

Apologies for the lateness of a response.  It looks like the form is sufficiently long enough that part of the data is being cut off when submitting for printing.  I've logged an issue to support a submission method that can handle larger surveys.

0 Kudos
ChrisShuck1
New Contributor II

Oh, interesting. Do you think it will be a while before a fix? Should I go ahead and shorten the surveys for now? If so, do you know what the line limit is?

Thanks,

Chris

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Hi Chris,

Eat the earliest, a fix would likely be in late March.  It isn't a specific line limit per se, but rather a total data limit - your Artifact Survey, with just a couple of sections filled in, is about 10KB of data.  Given the other information being submitted, it looks like it would need to be about 2/3 as big as an initial guess.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Chris,

I had the same problem but when I cleared my web browsers cache/history (using Chrome) it cleared the problem up for me. 

Hopefully this works for you/ is an option for you! 

Best,

Allison Zandarski

Environmental Health Program Coordinator

0 Kudos