Camera not ready when ipad two items (fieldmaps & survey123) open in split view, but works when method=map

Jump to solution
04-20-2022 07:01 AM
AlexanderLynch2
New Contributor III

Hello all,

I was wondering if it was possible to take image when iPad is in split view. Currently, I am using FieldMaps and Survey123 in split view serving as data viewer and inspection form, respectively. "Camera not ready" message box appears when user is asked to take an image when both applications are docked. The camera functions as normal when survey123 is returned to full-screen--which is all right, but they must redock apps in split view afterward.

NEVERTHELESS, when body::esri:style is set to "method=map" split screen continues to work.

I am wondering if I could override user having to go full screen in order to take image, such as method=map functionality? 

Cheers,

-Alex

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @AlexanderLynch2,

Unfortunately I don't believe this is not possible, as Field Maps appears to be locking the camera while in split view, meaning that Survey123 can not access it until Field Maps is closed, or Survey123 has full app view, and Field Maps put to background. The camera can only be used by one app at a time based on the way iOS allows access to resources on the device.

Setting the method=map means the camera is not used as only a map screenshot is used, so the camera is not initiated for use.

Regards,

Phil.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @AlexanderLynch2,

Unfortunately I don't believe this is not possible, as Field Maps appears to be locking the camera while in split view, meaning that Survey123 can not access it until Field Maps is closed, or Survey123 has full app view, and Field Maps put to background. The camera can only be used by one app at a time based on the way iOS allows access to resources on the device.

Setting the method=map means the camera is not used as only a map screenshot is used, so the camera is not initiated for use.

Regards,

Phil.