Barcode Scanner not working in web-browser

Jump to solution
07-25-2019 12:41 PM
DamonNelton
Occasional Contributor

I created a basic survey in S123 Connect with a Barcode Field. The bar code field works fine in the preview and S123 field app. However in the web-browser the Barcode field is there but the option to access a camera to scan is not.

This survey is available to the public and it is my intention that the users will use there phone but not have the field app or any ESRI credentials. Instead they will open this from there email on their phone via a link and use a web-browser.

Any ideas why in the web-browser the barcode scanning ability is missing?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

@DamonNelton @joerodmey @LS1 

Support for the barcode question is now available for Survey123 Early Adopters.  More details here

View solution in original post

7 Replies
LS1
by
New Contributor III

Survey123 Quick Reference shows barcode not visible in web app.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Damon,

The barcode scanning question type is currently not supported in the web app. This feature is a field app only feature, due to current limitations of the web app in mobile browsers.

Phil.

0 Kudos
DamonNelton
Occasional Contributor

Do you know if this is on any list to include in future releases?

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Damon,

No, there is currently no set timeline for this to be supported in the web app.

Phil.

0 Kudos
joerodmey
MVP Alum

I too would like to see this functionality added. Would definitely help me out as I can control what the web form looks like at a moments notice, whereas the mobile app requires users to download the new survey (if they ever do).

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Joe,

If this is functionality you would like to see added to the web app, I would encourage you to submit an enhancement request via Esri Support. Our Support team will assign an official enhancement number for your records. Similar requests from other customers can then be attached to the same enhancement request, which helps us assess demand for the enhancement and prioritize it accordingly.

Regards,

Phil.

0 Kudos
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

@DamonNelton @joerodmey @LS1 

Support for the barcode question is now available for Survey123 Early Adopters.  More details here