Adding pdf attachment to survey123 (instead of image)

03-02-2018 10:44 AM
Jean-YvesLandry1
Occasional Contributor

Would it be possible to attach a pdf instead of a jpg inside survey123 application.  The idea would be to have the person use a camscanner type application then attach the document to a survey.

I can see that it is possible through the survey123 desktop application, however the android survey123 only returns images.

I suppose if the extension .pdf was modified to a .jpg it could work.

Thanks, 

14 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Jean-Yves,

We do not currently support adding PDF attachments to a survey via the Survey123 app. We have an open enhancement request for this functionality and I have updated the issue with your comments. This is something we hope to support in a future release of Survey123.

Phil.

JürgenBiendara1
New Contributor III

Hi Philip,

Do you possibly know when (in which Survey123 version) this will be available?

Thanks,

Jürgen

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Jurgen,

We currently do not have a set time frame for release for this enhancement, but will be sure to update you when we do.

Phil.

0 Kudos
KassandraRodriguez
Occasional Contributor

Hope to see this soon as most of our engineers use pdfs of their work area.

0 Kudos
AaronNepple1
New Contributor III

This would be a great enhancement!

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Any updates on this enhancement? Word Docs and Excel Spreadsheets would be great as well.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Branden,

There is currently no update on the timeline for this enhancement, but it is something we are aiming to support in the near future.

Phil.

DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

And CSVs please.  This one little addition could do so much for us!  Huge vote for this.

TomislavTesla
Esri Contributor

Hi,

Any updates on this enhancement? 

We have 2 clients who need the ability to attach .pdf to Survey123.

Thanks