Adding a Captcha survey 123

Jump to solution
02-08-2018 08:31 AM
SamuelRoss
New Contributor III

Is there a way to add a Captcha or a Captcha like thing to a user created survey in survey123? Thanks

Tags (1)
25 Replies
Pabryant4582
New Contributor

This should be an absolute requirement. Public facing surveys for government use typically also have email notification embedded in the workflow and not having captcha or similar antibot prevents tainted data along with potentially compromising the organization’s emailing service. 

ahargreaves_FW
Occasional Contributor III

Here's a cross-post  from @ZacharySutherby  outlining the issue and a potential work around, if acceptbale to your IT team.

This said, @JamesTedrick  and @IsmaelChivite , Zachery's work around is not accetable to my own IT. This means I'm dead in the water with an awesome use case that would expose Survey123 to upper management in my organization and open its use to many, many other workflows.

0 Kudos
ChristopherKreuter
New Contributor II

Does anyone know if the issue about adding Captcha to Survey123 has been resolved? I have tested a small solution public facing and it got flooded with bot submission very fast. 

ahargreaves_FW

@ChristopherKreuter the use of CAPTCHA within surveys made in the web designer (only) was released in the BETA v 3.16 release. I've tested it and it works great. Kudos to @IsmaelChivite , @JamesTedrick and the Survey123 team.

0 Kudos
ChristopherKreuter
New Contributor II

Where do you see what release you are on? i do not see anything about a CAPTCHA in my web designer.

0 Kudos
ahargreaves_FW

It's the web designer so technically you're always just on the latest version, but again it's only released in the BETA site here: https://survey123beta.arcgis.com/surveys/

0 Kudos